Orchard Facilities Management is inviting businesses across the UK to try its innovative waste mapping service after the scheme earned the consultancy a national environment award.
What is Waste Mapping?
Orchard’s Waste Mapping Service analyses every waste stream coming into and going out of an organisation.
We start from scratch, taking everything back to basics as if there is no waste management in place at all.
We then use the information gathered during the mapping process to develop an ideal strategy that maximises opportunities for recycling and keeps landfill to an absolute minimum.
Why Waste Mapping is so Effective
Most businesses haven’t reviewed their waste strategy for some time and they continue to send large volumes of waste materials to landfill.
When recycling is introduced it is often done piecemeal.
Waste mapping takes everything back to basics and finds the most cost-effective waste management strategy possible.
By evaluating waste processes in this way we can find the ideal solution.
If your waste hasn’t been reviewed for several years we can almost guarantee that you will achieve savings through waste mapping.
How Waste Mapping Works
Orchard’s highly experienced waste consultants work in partnership with businesses up and down the country to assess their priorities and plan the most cost effective strategies for their needs.
- The waste mapping process starts with a thorough analysis of your organisation’s waste streams and volumes.
- We then research potential recycling avenues for the waste materials your business produces.
- Taking everything back to basics, we deconstruct your current waste management strategy and start from scratch with a blank canvas to find the best solution to match the current needs of your business.
- We will then search for the best suppliers and develop the most cost effective and environmentally friendly strategy.
- A key benefit of using Orchard is that you will have a single point of contact for all your future waste and recycling needs, saving you time and resources.
- We can also help with employee and stakeholder engagement, a process that starts with toolbox talks to ensure everyone within your organisation is fully engaged with the process.
- Your waste map will be regularly reviewed over time to ensure that your waste strategy keeps pace with the evolution of your business and continues to meet the needs of your organisation.
How Waste Mapping Worked for Triten Engineering
At the start of 2014 Yorkshire manufacturer Triten Engineering sent 290 tonnes of waste a year to landfill and recycled nothing. The company now recycles over 90% of its waste thanks to Orchard and has cut its annual waste costs by over 40%.
Our work with Triten has earned them and us a prestigious national Green Apple Environment Award, officially recognising us as one of Britain’s greenest companies.